I started making an unofficial 101 in 1001 list years ago and I ended up doing a lot on the list. Here's my most recent list (with a little more than 101 things to do!)
1001 days will be March 20, 2014
1. Go to Iceland.
2. Visit Thuy in Kentucky, my Nashville Bride and Groom and tour Memphis and Nashville.
3. Visit Sarina in London, meet her kids.
4. Go to Grace while I am in London.
5. Visit Katrina in Northern AZ, meet her kids.
6. Go to the Candy Dance in Genoa, Nevada.
7. Go to Crown Candy Kitchen in Saint Louis.
8. Go to Palm Springs, see the architecture, maybe stay at the Ace Hotel or the Old Movie Colony Hotel, then to Idyllwild and Julian and the Ocean.
9. See the swallows return to San Juan Capistrano.
10. Paint my house a lovely slate Dwell magazine type of green.
11. Plant sunflowers and hollyhocks and other tall flowers.
12. Make candy apples.
13. Start my Deserts and Cities Blog---I’m interested in sustainability of human, plant and animal populations in arid places. I keep meaning to make a blog where I would collect info I found related to this subject.
14. Email the green landscape people, see if I can get involved.
15. Become knowledgeable about solar power for private residences.
16. Work towards finishing my degree in Geography/GIS
17. After that apply for Arizona State University’s School of Sustainability Masters/Phd program.
18. Get portraits done with the amazing Purple Nickel in Tucson.
19. Learn more about CAD.
20. Learn more about Lightroom.
21. Learn more about Arcmap.
22. Climb 20 flights of stairs 3-4 times a day or more for a month.
23. Find a really good holistic dentist.
24. 6 X 6 Advent art project idea.
25. Go swing dancing, take swing dancing lessons.
26. Get a big world map to put on my wall near my desk.
27. Help a small business person (or people) thru kiva loans.
28. Second or third shoot with some valley photographers.
29. Make ENLIGHTEN happen.
30. Do a concept photo shoot.
31. Make an About Us page for the blog.
32. Go see the Night Blooming Cereus flowers in Tucson the one night of the year that they bloom.
33. Organize my office. Really, really organize it.
34. Go see the Phoenix Children’s Museum.
35. Photograph a wedding or event at the Phoenix Children’s Museum.
36. Stay up late to see another meteor shower---or stay up late and see all the meteor showers that happen in a year.
37. Go see Taliesin West.
38. See the green flash!
39. Go camping.
40. Go on a very long hike.
41. Go on a very long walk.
42. Get my bicycle fixed, keep it fixed, go riding a lot more.
43. Decorate for Christmas, especially decorate a Christmas tree, possibly an outside tree.
44. Order prints and canvases for my studio.
45. Lay flooring in my studio.
46. Start going to the public library again.
47. Landscape the studio front yard.
48. Make self-portraits.
49. Play with light/flash/available light/flashlight etc in photography.
50. Take part in the Strobist Flash boot camp.
51. Rent a large format view camera and do people in landscape photos.
52. Eventually get a view camera.
53. Paint a canvas with acrylics.
54. Help my sister get her books published.
55. Get stationary, customized stamp, stamps, letterhead, etc, for business.
56. Get letterpress business cards.
57. Have a Twelfth Night Party.
58. Sew some clothes (dresses, skirts, blouses) that I would actually wear
59. Have something of mine in a First Fridays art show.
60. Go to Water Ranch at sunrise for one week.
61. Go swimming every morning for a month.
62. Shoot children’s portraits in our studio.
63. Get a drop it modern backdrop for studio portraits.
64. Start doing a newsletter for my business.
65. Re-design our website with the help of a graphic designer.
66. Actually regularly leave comments on some of the beautiful blogs I come across instead of just reading them in Google Reader and then going on to the next one.
67. Fix the window in my office.
68. Plant oleanders by the road.
69. Make red velvet cupcakes.
70. Go to a workshop by photographers whose work I love.
71. Get molds to make chocolate candy like the candy in that little store in Thuy’s neighborhood in Los Angeles. Then make chocolate candy.
72. Hike to Circlestone in the Superstition Mountains.
73. Go a month or two of eating nothing with sugar….or almost nothing…
74. Get a little chandelier for my studio---maybe from IKEA.
75. Plant trees.
76. Order the weekend edition of the New York Times.
77. Go see the Palm Trees of Kofa.
78. Do a palm tree photography project like I did in college.
79. Scan old family photos for my mom.
80. Develop my film.
81. Take my mom antique shopping in Globe/Miami.
82. Visit my aunts and uncles.
83. Get to know my cousins better.
84. Volunteer with Earthwatch.
85. Find my friend from kindergarten, Kimberly Sue Smalley. I wish she was on Facebook.
86. Reconnect with some old friends that I have found on Facebook
87. Photograph a wedding at the Queen Creek Olive Mill.
88. Make necklaces, bracelets, etc out of the tons of beads I have bought.
89. Learn how to make locket jewelry for my clients.
90. Take an alternative processes photo class or just look up directions and do a non-silver/alternative processes project on my own.
91. Visit some of the brand new restaurants that have been opening up downtown.
92. Take photos of my pets.
93. Start doing pinhole photography again.
94. Get a good car.
95. Get lenses that I have been wanting that will be great for the business.
96. Do the long sideways image that I have been wanting to do at Boyce Thompson Arboretum.
97. Get an accountant.
98. Talk to a financial advisor.
99. Make a schedule to see my friends more often.
101. Meet friends at the Duce.
102. Get up before dawn on the day when morning comes the earliest and enjoy the morning.
103. Volunteer at Tovrea Castle.
104. Study Arabic.
105. Go to Kartchner Caverns and Bisbee.
106. Go to San Diego partner con 2011.
107. Meet other people in wedding industry.
108. Zumba class with friends.
109. Trash the Dress contest Take II.
110. Go see the The Great Gatsby at AZ Theatre Company in Spring 2012.
111. Photograph Bree in her cool outfits.
112. Meet coordinators/planners and other wedding vendors.
113. See the Night Blooming Cereus.
114. Photograph the full moon above Watson Lake in Prescott some summer night.
115. Make a peach pie, peach cobbler and peach salsa with peaches from my peach tree.
116. Make a tipi.
117. Go help make a float for the Rose Bowl Parade and see the Parade.
118. Plant Black Sphinx Palms in my back yard/eat Black Sphinx dates.
119. Go see the bats, take photos and then get gelato.
120. Go back to Atlanta.
121. Send my sister to graphic design programming classes.
122. Have dinner with Melissa Jill. And not talk about weddings or photography all that much or at all.
123. Tour the Picket Post Mansion at Boyce Thompson Arboretum.
124. Hike the Picket Post Mountain to the top!
125. Make my backyard into an urban farm and give away lots of food.
126. Sign up to be a bone marrow donor. Hopefully donate someday.
127. Encourage people I know to get on the list to be bone marrow donors.
128. Babysit Evie.
129. Make enchiladas on a Sunday evening during monsoon season, while playing Those Lowdown Blues on 91.5 KJZZ.
130. Go to yoga and hot yoga classes.
131. Go to more PSF potlucks.
132. Go hiking on a long hike with my cousin Stacie somewhere in Flagstaff (her choice.)
133. Make my website prettier and more of a reflection of my business.
134. Figure out how to use ShootQ and actually use it.